Famous in a small town...Yep, thats me!

Finding myself in a super duper small town in the middle of nowhere!

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

"Scooby-Doo, Where are you?"...





Oh there you are! I whipped this quilt up this weekend for my little guy Justice. I got a book from Thimbleberries called "Tried and True". It has wonderful patterns in it and they are easy. I bought cheapo fabric again!!! And now look, my points don't match. The yellow fabric was practically see-threw, it didn't feed into the machine right so it puckered, and it seemed to shrink when I pressed it. Not only that but it raveled when I cut the triangles. Did I just say a couple of weeks ago that I would never buy cheapie fabric again? Will I ever learn? I have that jelly roll that I am going to sew today. I am excited to see how it turns out. I was thinking about going out of town and looking at some fabric, but I suppose I should finish what I have cut first. I still have that Moda "Northern Solitude" fabric, just sitting there. I suppose in a way I am scared to start cutting it. First of all if I screw up, its a lot of money cut wrong, and since I live in B.F.E, I will have to order more of it. It is beautiful fabric! I think that I will do this jelly roll quilt and then start it. I made a label for this Scooby quilt. It was the first label that I have ever made! I wish I would have done it with all my quilts. Especially the ones that I had given away. I didn't realize how easy they were to make. I tried to print some out on the computer using freezer paper and fabric, however when I washed the labels all the ink ran...so I just settled for a handwritten label using a fabric pen. I think it turned out cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment