Famous in a small town...Yep, thats me!

Finding myself in a super duper small town in the middle of nowhere!

Friday, February 5, 2010

My Bad Ass Batik...well kinda




I bought the fabric in 2006. I started the blocks with no recipe to go by. I chose the Annie's Choice block. Of course I bought the fabric at a little boutique in the middle of Kansas. I was watching "Quilt in a Day" and that is where I got the idea for the block. I quickly jotted down notes, learned about Batik fabric, and thought I could do it! Ha Ha Ha...I was shocked at how expensive the fabric was and how little of it there was. It was supposed to be my first quilt, other than baby quilts. I soon realized that I was going to run out of fabric...I made about 5 blocks and put it away, neatly in the cute little bag that I bought it in. There it sat until a few days ago! Now today I got the top done! I can not believe it! Its a few blocks short, but ya know I don't care! I love it! Now I can start my Northern Solitude quilt...ooooohhhhh ahhhhh, Moda fabric! I am afraid that I will be forever hooked on Moda now! I feel as though I have graduated from the cheapo fabric at Walmart to the AMAZING Moda, Thimbleberries, Kaufmann.....hmmmmm. My quilts have consisted of el cheapo fabric that run about $40.00 for the top and backing....to $40.00 for the backing used with Moda....maybe not quite $40.00 but pretty darn close! I am so excited! I pray that I cut it right! Knowing me, I will probably cut it wrong....get mad and put it away for a few years...After this next quilt I will have no projects lying around. I don't know how I feel about that, I usually have at least 3 that need finished...I cant wait to go molest some fabric next weekend! I wanna buy some Jelly Rolls, Hunnie Buns, Layer Cakes, Charm Squares....all those nicely cut, pretty, eye catching things....

No comments:

Post a Comment