Famous in a small town...Yep, thats me!

Finding myself in a super duper small town in the middle of nowhere!

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Another Day....


Well another day has almost come to an end. Its still freezing cold here in South Dakota. We are supposed to get an ice storm tonight...this will make three for the week. I finally dug out my batik quilt that I have been working on since 2006....I got all the blocks finished and I am putting the sashing on. However I have no back for it yet. I made an agreement with myself that I could buy some Moda fabric but first I would have to finish all the projects that I had started. The batik is the last one! I am excited to start my Northern Solitude quilt. The fabric is so pretty. My blue and yellow Churn Dash is in my hoop getting hand quilted, my rail fence top is completed, and the batik is in my machine...Lots to do still! I love quilting. I taught myself how to quilt....At times I swear that I will never ever quilt again due to the trial and error process. I have wasted so much fabric by cutting it wrong. I have literally fried my brain doing the math...trying to understand "scant", how to do the rocking stitch, and how to make perfect points. But once I finally get it....ohhhh I love it! I have learned a lot by reading other people's blogs therefore I have decided to write my own.


No comments:

Post a Comment