Famous in a small town...Yep, thats me!

Finding myself in a super duper small town in the middle of nowhere!

Sunday, February 7, 2010

I Rock the Rocking Stitch!!!




I have spent the weekend hand quilting my Churn Dash. I think I have finally got it down. I need to work on making my stitches smaller. However I have read that the small stitches come in time that uniform straight stitches are more important. My husband has been out of town working since late December and he is coming home tonight!!! I am so excited! He will be home for a week and then he will be gone for only two weeks. He works in the oilfield for Halliburton. I cant wait to see him! I have decided to put all my quilting stuff away so I can spend the entire week with him. I am going to take my sewing table down as well. I took the Churn Dash out of the hoop last night to see how much I still had to quilt. I have about 12 blocks left. Then I have to quilt a large square and then a small square between the blocks. I was on a mission to find the perfect thimbles and by golly I think I found them!!! After wasting money and time on some others that didn't work! I quilted several quilts without thimbles and without knowing the rocking stitch. They came out good, however my fingers would get so sore and I couldn't quilt very long bc of the pain. When I started this Churn Dash, I was determined that I would learn the rocking stitch! I read blog after blog, watched You Tube video after video trying to learn it. I bought several thimbles the ones that the ladies in the video swore by! They didn't work for me. I am still not sure what exactly my bottom hand is supposed to be doing. And really, I'm not sure what exactly it is doing under there...lol! But its working! Three weeks ago when I started this shit-nan-a-gan I felt like a total moron putting the thimbles on and then trying to pick up that teeny tiny needle! I didn't even think they made a needle that was an inch long....OMG those needles are sharp! Super sharp, I didn't even know I had pricked myself until I seen the blood on my quilt!!! But now after a few weeks of practice, a lot of finger poking, about $100.00 deposited into the swear jar, everything feels good! I can hand quilt!!! I have to say it again because I love seeing it in black and white!!! I CAN FREAKIN HAND QUILT!

No comments:

Post a Comment