Famous in a small town...Yep, thats me!

Finding myself in a super duper small town in the middle of nowhere!

Friday, March 19, 2010

Spring Fever





I have finished Millie's Jelly Roll Quilt. I named it Spring Fever! It was made out of one jelly roll and one hunny bun. I had no idea that one jelly roll would produce such a large quilt! It fits her full size bed. I made the jelly roll out of some fabric that I had in my stash as well as the hunny bun. The backing is a super soft fuzzy fleece. I tied this quilt with light pink yarn. Although sewing strip after strip got boring I love the way this quilt turned out! I only had six different fabrics! The recipe called for 40 different fabrics. I had extra strips that I sewed all together for the binding. I also made a matching pillow! Jelly Rolls are fun!!! Not that I want to start another one right way, but someday! MUAH!

2 comments:

  1. That turned out cute. I am getting ready to start a top using a jelly roll and was wondering if I'd have enough to make a decent size quilt. Good to know yours came out to fit a full size bed. That gives me hope.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I showed this to my boys and they want one now! It's really cute. I am surprised you got such a good sized quilt, too. I read somewhere that a jelly roll has 2-1/2 yards of fabric in it. And they're $35!!! That's a really bad deal. LOL! Clever of you to make your own. I should do that for gifts!

    ReplyDelete