Famous in a small town...Yep, thats me!

Finding myself in a super duper small town in the middle of nowhere!

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Its Raining....Its Pouring...The Old Man....




Oh my! I had to take Lola to the vet today in the next town over (since my little town doesn't have a vet or even a hospital) and the road was closed due to flooding! Well I decided to go down the road as far as it would let me to get some pictures of this flood. I got about a mile away from the river and took these pics. I can't believe how much water is in the river. I had to go back to town and then down the north highway and through another town, to get to the vet, an 8 mile trip ended up taking all morning. When I got to the bridge the river is almost crested onto that highway as well. I figure by night fall it will be closed too. I can go get Lola this afternoon after 3:00 ugg I gotta make it over to get her! She hates being in cages and I don't want her to think that I left her! She is getting spayed and an eye tuck. Her eyes are badly infected due to the wrinkles pushing her lashes in and under her eyelid. I had no idea that it was that bad. I knew that her eyes were red a lot, but just figured that it was the way she was. The vet said that she is in pain due to the infection....so...The weather here in South Dakota is just amazing. It was raining the other day, then snowing, then an hour later raining, then snowing...I had no idea that the river would flood over the roadways...Its so crazy! We moved here from Colorado where there are water restrictions and drought! Blowing dirt, dry as hell, and you had to fight to just have green grass! I love the seasons and the weather here! I got to go to a fabric shop yesterday in the next town over, its an outlet shop, I got a couple of really good deals...I will post pics of them later. The jelly roll quilt is almost done its in the process of being tied! I got a fuzzy furry fleece type stuff to go on the back of it! What a mess that stuff makes!

No comments:

Post a Comment