Famous in a small town...Yep, thats me!

Finding myself in a super duper small town in the middle of nowhere!

Friday, April 23, 2010

The Perfect Day...

Yesterday I went fishing all by myself! It was amazing, the beauty, the calmness....I found my moment of clarity yesterday. It just so happened that I had part of the day all to myself, which has not happened in over five years. I have always had my little ones with me. I did not realize how much I needed "my time". I could have went and got my nails done, went shopping, quilted, but I chose to go fishing. I caught two fish nothing to brag about, but the day was awesome. The smells, the sounds....I drank a few cold beers and just sat there in the mix of it all. I love fishing almost as much as I love quilting. But usually my fishing day consists of rigging up poles, putting the worms on the hooks, untangling nests, and doing a constant head count to make sure none of the kids have fallen into the water. Yesterday it was quiet, there was no talking, no fighting....it was just silent. I had almost forgotten what quiet sounded like. I took some amazing photos. After a long South Dakota winter the sun felt so good. I actually got sunburned. From now on each month I am going to plan a day just for me.....

No comments:

Post a Comment