Famous in a small town...Yep, thats me!

Finding myself in a super duper small town in the middle of nowhere!

Friday, October 8, 2010

"There are only ten minutes in the life of a pear when it is perfect to eat." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Handy Dandy Corer/Slicer

Soaking in Lemon Water...

Zesting the Lime

Bringing to a boil


Filling the cute lil jars
I beg to differ! Yesterday a friend of mine gave me two huge bags of pears! Don't get me wrong I love fresh ripe pears, but two bags was toooo much for us to eat! Let the canning begin....again! I found a recipe for Ginger Pear Preserves. I love ginger! And honestly I am in the mood for a "grown up" jam. I did not have fresh ginger root, what a shame I tell ya! So I used ground ginger. The taste of this jam is heavenly, after all pears are the fruit of the gods. I was a little hesitant about making jam, the first time I made it I caramelized the sugar it was hard as a rock and I had to throw out the jars and all! So this time I was determined to do it right. Amazing, super good, and a very nice treat.

No comments:

Post a Comment